Please Note – This is an unpaid co-op internship position which offers a biweekly honorarium.
Who we are
We are a boutique Employment Law firm providing expert legal advice to employers & employees on all workplace matters. We are looking for a Legal Co-op Student (Paralegal, Law Clerk, or Legal Assistant) to support our Firm’s lawyers. We are rooted strongly in our Core Values – Respect, Initiative, Passion, Excellence and Teamwork. We do not just speak our values, we live our values in everything we do by delivering our services with integrity and building trust with our clients.
We are looking for a student that is registered in a Legal co-op program to join our team in order to fulfill their program requirements. The ideal candidate will have customer service experience, will exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, and have the ability to balance multiple priorities. If you are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, send us your resume!
Time Management: Effectively communicate and confirm daily calendar requirements, pull supporting documentation/information for meetings.
Organization: Effectively organize files, proactively work to understand priorities and develop plans for recurring activities; manage multiple responsibilities.
Project Coordination: Ability to execute and deliver on work tasks in a timely manner and develop contingency plans to overcome obstacles.
Client Services: Initial intake of potential clients (assessments) and oversee the client satisfaction process on an ongoing basis.
Research: Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Must be in the process of completing a University Degree or a Post-secondary Legal-related Diploma/Certificate as Paralegal, Law Clerk or Legal Assistant and actively enrolled in a co-op program. This is a requirement.
- A values-based individual who demonstrates Respect, Initiative, Passion, Excellence and Teamwork is required,
- High sense of urgency and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities,
- Extremely adaptable and flexible to work in a fast-paced, changing environment,
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter,
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written),
- Comfortable during interactions with senior level clients and staff,
- Ability to apply discretion and sound judgment to maintain confidentiality,
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate future needs and/or potential challenges that may arise,
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and an adaptable and collaborative style,
- Demonstrated track record of effective customer focus,
- Highly proficient computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), knowledge of Legal Software (PC Law) is an asset,
Please submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls. In addition, we would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position. However, you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered further.
Rodney Employment Law is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process.