Business Development Director
We are currently seeking a professional Business Development Director. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for client research and implementing sales strategies to achieve maximum results. You will need to meet relationship development goals through phone calls and extensive networking. You will be calling on Owners, Presidents, CEO's, CFO's and other senior leaders.
Who We Are:
We act as our clients' outsourced HR department, assisting them with all of their “people” issues including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, legislative compliance, employment law, terminations, employee programs and so much more. We do this by providing our clients with customized HR solutions that support their people, processes, productivity and profit. If you enjoy selling a great service that will protect, enhance and save the client money, this position may be for you.
This is very much a hunter role and you must have a proven track record and the ability to close deals. As the ideal candidate, you are driven to succeed by converting prospects into clients. You enjoy calling, building relationships - and most of all - you live to close each deal. Ideally, you have built a strong network from your previous experience. You bring a professional attitude and are comfortable speaking with senior executives, business owners and identified decision makers.
- Calling prospective businesses, uncovering new sales opportunities, discussing our services, setting up in person or over-the-phone meetings, and closing the sale.
- Network with local groups, organizations, and associations and is actively involved in relevant events in an effort to build relationships, keep current with trends, and uncover opportunities that lead to sales prospects.
- Identify decision makers in target organizations.
- Follow-up with prospects and manage a lead pipeline.
- Continuously brainstorm and identify new and creative ideas for generating ongoing lists of workplaces that would fit our business model.
- Entry of all activity into Salesforce and use Salesforce to stay on top of all opportunities.
- Schedule meetings and prepare meeting materials (e.g. PowerPoint presentations, business proposals, etc.)
- Coordinate the hand off, once a client has signed a contract to our HR consulting team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years’ experience within a business development or sales role.
- Highly motivated 'self-starter' with a strong work ethic.
- Proven business experience or a track record in closing business to business sales.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as listening skills.
- Proven track record of meeting sales goals, developing business and closing deals.
- Strong networking and persuasion skills
- Strong teamwork, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must have access to a vehicle
- College or University Degree.
- Human Resources background would be an asset.
What We Offer:
- A lucrative compensation package dependent on experience
- Base + commissions + bonus
- Flexible environment including the ability to work some days from your home office
- Early Friday afternoons before every long weekend
- Rewards and recognition prizes every quarter
- Team building and community volunteering events
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Fun and outgoing professional environment that really cares and values it employees
- Eligibility to participate in company benefits program after successfully completing 3-month probationary period
Our office is located in Markham/Richmond Hill area.